MHML has invested in the full access to the best research, administrative, and technological resources.
Where big firms have contracts with Westlaw or LexisNexis which require attorneys to incur a client-reimbursable cost of $130-$150 each time a search is performed, MHMLPA has acquired full access to both state and federal research at flat-fee rates, which enable attorneys to search as many sources as possible as much as necessary to answer complicated legal questions at no additional client cost. MHMLP also has acquired full, global access to Practical Law, a leading worldwide resource in every practice area. Where other firms either do not have access to Practical Law or only have access to it domestically or for one practice area or another, MHMLPA can research any issue on any topic worldwide at no additional cost to the client, and begin with forms and checklists for almost legal issue no matter how unique or specialized.
MHML is not a small or solo firm, but a firm built upon alliances with other firms and trusted attorneys.
MHMLPA specializes in the areas of Litigation, Bankruptcy, and Complex Collections. But clients of MHML receive the benefit of the firm’s alliances which result in the full-service benefits of big law at a fraction of the cost. When a client of MHMLPA has an issue in an area outside the principal focus of the firm, the firm can provide general advice and counsel based upon its immense research resources and work with its alliance partners to ensure the client receive the desired results and value at all phases of the representation.
MHML’s partners and contract paralegal format enable it to provide scalable value tailored to each client’s needs
with the full cost of enormous overheads. MHMLPA employs video-conferencing with its contract based paralegals who specialize in Litigation, Bankruptcy, and Complex Collection, and can add additional professionals as necessary for its current workflow. For clients with a large matter or many matters where the volume of work requires multiple attorneys not employed full time by MHMLPA, the network of alliances with other trusted lawyers enables MHMLPA to scale its team up as necessary without growing large fixed overhead expenses which would have to be passed through to the clients. This business model also allows MHMLPA to work with other trial lawyers to work-up middle-market or fee sensitive cases for trial, so that clients can resolve important issues that would not otherwise be able to be resolved in big law firm with more traditional billing models and fixed overhead expenses.
MHMLPA is flexible in its approach to billing and is open to alternative fee structures. Where traditional big law firms
bill almost exclusively based upon high hourly rates that have to cover high fixed expenses, MHMLPA strives to incorporate into engagements flat fees or success fees where possible. This ensures that the client and attorney have interests that are aligned in receiving the highest possible return on investment for the client and resolving matters at the earliest possible time for the highest possible value. MHMLPA is also accepts certain cases on a contingency fee basis, and/or can cap or discount fees as necessary to ensure substantial and ongoing value is being provided to its clients.
We hope that you will read about our experience in Litigation, Bankruptcy, and Complex Collections to learn more.
Recognition and Leadership:
- Florida Super-Lawyer: 2020, 2021, 2022
- Florida Super-Lawyers “Rising Star” 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Florida Trend Magazine “Legal Elite” Up and Comer: 2016
- J.D., Florida State University College of Law, 2008
- B.S. Real Estate and Multi-National Business Operations, Florida State University 2004
- Hon. Chief Judge Lewis M. Killian, Jr., U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Florida 2008-2010
- Board Member – The Maclay School Alumni Board
- Co-Chair Robert C. Webster Friends of Maclay Golf Tournament
- President Emeritus of the Bankruptcy Bar Association for the Northern District of Florida
- Co-Chair Rules Committee, Northern District of Florida Bankruptcy Bar Association, 2012-2018
- President, Northern District of Florida Bankruptcy Bar Association, 2014
- Board Member – Northern District of Florida Bankruptcy Bar Association 2013-2013
- Chair-Pro Bono Committee – Northern District of Florida Bankruptcy Bar Association, 2013-2014
- Member, Second Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee, 2014-2019
- Board Member – The Maclay School Alumni Board, 2014-2016
- Co-Chair Maclay School Alumni Board Annual Fundraiser 2014-2016
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida